Easy Breezy Holiday Hosting
As host, does the Holiday season bring you feelings of thankfulness and love or frustration and grief?
We have some great tips on remaining STRESS-FREE and making this year's season memorable and more fulfilling for not only your guests, but yourself!
Start your morning with prayer, meditation or positive readings and a cup of chamomile tea, it acts as a mild sedative.
#2 SOLID PLAN & STRATEGY
- Make a grocery list and stick to it.
- Strategically look for sales and minimize trips to the store.
#3 ADVANCED PREP
- Buy non-perishables a month in advance, like cranberry sauce, seasonings, etc.
- Prepare sauces and gravies 1- 2 weeks and freeze
- Cut veggies 1 week ahead (onions, peppers, etc. can be frozen)
- You can make pies three weeks ahead wrap securely and freeze them.
#4 MINIMIZE THE WORK
- Order some items from a trusted bakery. While you may make your famous sweet potato pie, have the bakery, do a couple of cakes.
- Use short cut mixes, starters, etc.
- Use upscale disposable dinnerware instead of China - creates less dishes to wash.
- Ask friends or family to help: assign a specific task like table setting, beverages, or carving.
#5 MOOD SETTING
- Put aside any past family issues that cause stress.
#6 GOOD BEGINNINGS & GOOD ENDINGS
End your evening with bubble bath of lavender and candles.
Hope these tips bring more love and thankfulness to your Holiday season!